Our School Uniform
At Slaley First School there is a standard uniform for children which we encourage them to wear. It is our policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Here is a complete list of the items needed for school uniform below:
• Grey/black: trousers/shorts/skirt/pinafore
• Royal blue sweatshirt/cardigan
• Yellow polo shirt
• White, Blue, Black or Grey socks or tights
• A blue & white or yellow & white gingham dress may be worn in the summer
• Plain black school shoes or boots (no sandals or trainers)
If the case of gender non-conforming or non-binary student, you have the right to dress and wear hairstyles in a gender non-conforming manner.
• Royal blue shorts
• Yellow, round neck t-shirt (no buttons or fastenings)
• Royal blue sweatshirt & track-suit bottoms (for outdoor P.E. & swimming)
• Socks & Trainers (rather than plimsolls, as they do not afford enough support)
• Drawstring P.E. bag (clearly named)
For children in Nursery we are happy that jogging bottoms are worn as we understand that these are more practical for children of this age.
How To Order
Sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts, EYFS book bags, KS1/2 back packs, PE kits, PE bags, (all with school logo) can be purchased from Salto UK Ltd via their website (Link below).