What is Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium Grant is allocated annually in the school budget for each child who is currently entitled to receive Free School Meals or who has been entitled to free school meals at any point over the last six years.
The Pupil Premium Grant is intended to be used to support children’s progress, attainment and aspirations.
In 2019/20 the school received £8,300.
In 2020/21 the school will receive £11,070.
How does Slaley First School use the Pupil Premium funding?
Slaley uses the funding in a number of ways to raise attainment across the school. The funding has enabled us to,
- Allocate teaching assistant time to small groups that benefit from activities targeted to support an identified area of learning.
- Provide small workshops for children to work with specialist teachers.
- Provide 1:1 time for children with specific needs.
- Purchase resources appropriate to supporting pupils’ specific needs.
- Ensure pupils have access to curriculum enrichment opportunities.
What is the impact of Pupil Premium at Slaley?
Please click on the Pupil Premium Spend Plan link below.
Date of the next Pupil Premium Strategy Review: July 2021