Are you aware of the increased threat of abuse via Live streaming apps?
CEOP are developing new resources that can help you to understand the dangers of Live Streaming. You can find them at:
#LiveSkills is a package of resources focusing on live streaming. Live streaming is increasingly becoming one of the most popular online activities for children and young people. Apps such as Musical.ly, Live.me, Periscope and YouNow are all soaring in popularity, which has seen other well established apps such as Facebook adding live streaming functions.
#LiveSkills explores the nuanced features of live streaming and the specific risks children and young people can face.
Key issues covered
- The types of tactics offenders use on live streaming platforms
- Skills to think critically about the people they meet online
- Identifying and responding to pressure and manipulation online
- Issues such as low confidence and self-esteem that can make children and young people particularly vulnerable ‘when live’
- Understanding online sexual abuse and sources of support
- Building resilience in children and young people