How to stay safe online
At Slaley First School we know how important it is to stay safe whilst accessing the internet. We regularly remind the children about e-safety during school time, but here are some Top Tips and Useful Links for you to share with your children at home.
Ten Top Tips from 'Safety net kids'
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Useful website links:
Stay Safe Online - http://www.staysafeonline.org/
Think You Know - http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) - http://www.ceop.police.uk/
CBBC Stay Safe Online - http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/topics/stay-safe
Safety net kids - http://www.safetynetkids.org.uk/personal-safety/staying-safe-online/